We’re creating an inclusive green economy by unlocking innovation, transforming markets, and enhancing communities. Each year we work with 35-50 companies across our three tracks of cleantech startup programs to raise outside funding and gain traction in the market. Recruitment cycles for these three tracks are open now!
LACI Innovators is the premiere network access program for early-stage startups in Southern California working together to create an inclusive green economy. Learn more about the timing, benefits, and eligibility criteria of the Innovators Program Cohort 6.
Details of the 12-Month Program
- Cohort 6 begins on September 2021.
- There’s no cost to apply or participate.
- Eligible startups must operate out of one of the four counties in our Southern California territory: Los Angeles County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, or Orange County.
- This program is catered to early stage ventures that are pre-seed or pre-prototype with at least some proof of concept. Please click here for information on what technologies LACI can best support.
- Program services are light-touch and focus on network access – we act as a “concierge” rather than a coach.
- Regular updates on ecosystem opportunities
- Curriculum development opportunities in expert-led workshops and pitch clinics
- Invitations to participate in LACI events and showcases
- Promotion to LACI’s network and ecosystem
- Visibility within California Energy Commission’s network
- Discounted access to desk space at the La Kretz Innovation Campus and Advanced Prototyping Center
The Incubation Program offers hands-on incubation services for supporting cleantech startups’ growth in Southern California. The first six months of the program are dedicated to intensive curriculum workshops, one on one sessions, and roundtables focused on Market and Investor Readiness. After the initial six-month period, the program is focused on achieving the objectives outlined in a custom roadmap around fundraising, product development, market access, team growth, and partnerships.
- Up to $160,000 in business services and other perks
- Advisory sessions and curriculum exercises conducted by industry experts to prepare you for investment and first-customers
- Regular mentorship from a LACI Executive in Residence, a seasoned entrepreneur and/or investor
- Roundtable discussions with potential investors and corporate strategic partners
Investment-preparation advisory services by our in-house Investments Team
- Access to LACI funding opportunities: Impact Fund and Debt Fund
- Opportunities to gain visibility in the ecosystem with curated pitching and panelist invitations
LACI’s Market Access program is designed specifically to help companies de-risk tech deployment through coordination with LACI staff and community partners, provide proof points and market traction, and enable companies to scale operations, enter new markets, and serve overburdened communities. Since 2020, LACI has launched five pilots with community partners and Market Access companies.
What services and support does Market Access provide?
- 10% Bonus in LACI Pilot Procurement Scoring. Program enrollment for pilots will depend on the confirmation of LACI pilot funding. Once funds are awarded, applicants are eligible for the first pilot and subsequent pilots with the 10% bonus.
- Hands on support from the LACI pilots team to plan, deploy, and operate pilots
- $20,000-$150,000 available in deployment funding
- Eligibility for the LACI Impact Fund and Debt Fund to finance your growth
- Dedicated advisory services with our Executives in Residence (EIRs)
- Up to $150,000 value in additional perks through exclusive LACI access for subscriptions such as: Pitchbook, FounderSuite, Wood Mackenzie Grid Edge Service (GreenTechMedia), Amazon Web Services, Brex, and Autodesk (through APC membership).
- Deep discounts on desk space and Advanced Prototyping Center membership at the La Kretz Innovation Campus in Downtown Los Angeles (pending the campus re-opening due to COVID)
Questions? Refer to our Market Access Cohort 3 Call for Applications
LACI is committed to creating a cleantech community that integrates women, people of color and other underserved groups – we strongly encourage applications to all of our programs and competitions from underrepresented groups to help us build a more sustainable and equitable ecosystem.