We’re creating an inclusive green economy by unlocking innovation, transforming markets, and enhancing communities. Each year we work with 35-50 companies across our three tracks of cleantech startup programs to raise outside funding and gain traction in the market. Recruitment cycles for these three tracks are open now!
Founders Business Accelerator
LACI’s Founders Business Accelerator (FBA) increases the economic, community, and environmental impact of small businesses and micro-enterprises throughout the City of Los Angles. During this free 6-month virtual program, you will develop a powerful strategy to grow in today’s rapidly changing business landscape, receive training and individual support from LACI’s highly accomplished Executives-In-Residence and other industry experts who will teach you how to strengthen your business plan, tap into vital resources, and accelerate your success!
You will connect with fellow entrepreneurs and a vast network of successful LA based business owners while you:
- Create or revitalize a business plan modeled for success
- Develop new channels to increase revenue
- Expand your customer base
- Access vital funding resources
- Research and analyze trending and predictive market data
- Receive technical development guidance
- Reduce your environmental impact and cost of doing business
- Increase your social and economic impact
- Become a leader in your community
LACI is actively recruiting entrepreneurs for a limited number of FBA seats.
Competing in today’s marketplace can be tough, but we know there are powerful changemakers among us and everyone deserves a chance to make an impact. That’s why we invite entrepreneurs from underrepresented communities – women, founders of color, formerly incarcerated, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – to apply today and prepare for impact.
The Incubation Program offers hands-on incubation services for supporting cleantech startups’ growth in Southern California. The first six months of the program are dedicated to intensive curriculum workshops, one on one sessions, and roundtables focused on Market and Investor Readiness. After the initial six-month period, the program is focused on achieving the objectives outlined in a custom roadmap around fundraising, product development, market access, team growth, and partnerships.
- Join a 45-hour advanced curriculum based on LACI’s decade-plus experience across hundreds of cleantech startups.
- Work with a dedicated Executive in Residence one-hour per week who provides coaching, accountability, and mentorship to define business milestones.
- Secure up to $500,000 in equity funding and debt financing through LACI’s Impact Fund and Debt Fund.
- Consult with a dedicated fundraising advisory team, including our Senior Director of Investment Relations who has helped LACI startups raise over half a billion in funding.
- Present at Power Day pitch and showcase event in front of 100+ investors and 200+ attendees.
- Access $160,000 worth of perks & platforms to support fundraising efforts and product development.
LACI Innovators is the premiere network access program for early-stage startups in Southern California working together to create an inclusive green economy. Learn more about the timing, benefits, and eligibility criteria of the Innovators Program Cohort 6.
Details of the 12-Month Program
- There’s no cost to apply or participate.
- Eligible startups must operate out of one of the four counties in our Southern California territory: Los Angeles County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, or Orange County.
- This program is catered to early stage ventures that are pre-seed or pre-prototype with at least some proof of concept. Please click here for information on what technologies LACI can best support.
- Program services are light-touch and focus on network access – we act as a “concierge” rather than a coach.
- Regular updates on ecosystem opportunities
- Curriculum development opportunities in expert-led workshops and pitch clinics
- Invitations to participate in LACI events and showcases
- Promotion to LACI’s network and ecosystem
- Visibility within California Energy Commission’s network
- Discounted access to desk space at the La Kretz Innovation Campus and Advanced Prototyping Center
Market Access Program
LACI’s Market Access program helps companies de-risk tech deployment through coordination with LACI staff and community partners, provides proof points and market traction, and enables companies to scale operations, enter new markets, and create environmental, social and economic impact in Los Angeles . Since 2020, LACI’s Market Access companies have launched eight large-scale pilots, including the Nation’s first zero-emission delivery zone.
What services and support does Market Access provide?
$50,000-$150,000 funding available for the design and deployment of a Los Angeles based pilot
Eligibility for the LACI Impact and Debt Funds, to finance growth
Dedicated advisory services with LACI Executives in Residence (EIRs) and Founders Peer-to-Peer sessions
Networking opportunities through events and access to the LACI ecosystem of public and private stakeholders
Connection with external investors and access to bi-weekly “Investors Talk” events that broaden investor networks
Access to Industry Advisors and Mentors
$5,000 in Business Support Services for legal, accounting, and additional support for grants advisory
Workshops focused on developing Social, Environmental and Economic Impact
Up to $160,000 value in exclusive LACI perks access for subscriptions such as Pitchbook, FounderSuite, Wood Mackenzie Grid Edge Service (GreenTechMedia), Amazon Web Services, Brex, and Autodesk (through APC membership)
Deep discounts on desk space and Advanced Prototyping Center membership at the La Kretz Innovation Campus in Downtown Los Angeles (pending the campus re-opening post COVID restrictions)
Equity and Inclusion
LACI is committed to creating a cleantech community that integrates women, people of color and other underserved groups – we strongly encourage applications to all of our programs and competitions from underrepresented groups to help us build a more sustainable and equitable ecosystem.