We’re recruiting the next game changing cleantech startups like SparkCharge, ReWilder Goods, and ElectricFish . Are you next? Applications for our Innovators and Incubation programs are NOW OPEN!
LACI helps startups develop their technologies, secure funding and financing, access new customers and markets, test and pilot their solutions, and unlock their full potential. Our startups go further, faster, together with LACI! Each of our programs will accept and fund 15-20 companies that best align with the program criteria, our mission, and the needs of the communities we serve.
Companies selected for our next Cohorts will join a powerful and deeply connected community of diverse LACI founders and alumni who are making an impact.
More than 375 founders have been supported with hands on mentorship, business tools, and valuable introductions to investors, to help their startups scale up and successfully seed! Your dedicated LACI Cohort team will support and empower you on your journey to raise capital, secure partnerships, acquire customers, develop, test, fund and deploy your pilot, and gain valuable media exposure.
Are you an innovative cleantech startup, eager to create solutions in clean energy, zero emissions transportation, or sustainable cities that would benefit from hands-on support through market access, business services, introductions to funders, investors and powerful partners? Then our two-year, Incubation program is right for you!
Or maybe you would benefit from for our one-year Innovators Program which offers a lighter-touch, high-impact concierge style ecosystem access opportunity.
- Monthly coaching with a LACI Executive in Residence (EIR)
- Opportunities to engage with peers and industry experts through workshops, networking events, and LACI’s Alumni of more than 375 Founders
- A time efficient, low-demand curriculum delivers high-impact opportunities and growth
- Participation in LACI and partner events and showcases, including LACI’s signature showcase Power Day event(s) with 100+ angel, venture capital, corporate strategic, and family office investors Inclusion in newsletters and startup updates sent to LACI partners, investors
- Invitations to community building opportunities with LACI founders
- Promotion as a LACI Startup via LACI’s website and social media
- Inclusion in LACI newsletters and startup updates sent to LACI partners, investors, stakeholders, and community
- Deep discounts on desk space, LACI’s Advanced Prototyping Center, and membership at the La Kretz Innovation Campus in Downtown Los Angeles
- Possible opportunities for inclusion in news/media features
- There is no cost to apply and the Innovators program is FREE for participants selected
- A 45-hour advanced curriculum based on LACI’s decade-plus experience across hundreds of cleantech startups. Study impact-focused business roadmapping, building your team with inclusivity, customer acquisition, and creating a strong legal foundation for business growth and investment readiness.
- One-hour weekly advisory with a dedicated Executive in Residence, who provides coaching, accountability, and mentorship to define business milestones.
- Qualify for up to $50,000 in funding for a small-scale pilot deployment. Develop pilot strategy, design, and budget, and receive execution feedback.
- Up to $500,000 in equity funding and debt financing through LACI’s Impact Fund and Debt Fund.
- Investment-preparation advisory services from LACI Investments Team, including our Senior Director of Investment Relations who has helped startups raise over half a billion in funding from investors like Energy Impact Partners, Mark Cuban Companies, Blackrock, Trucks VC and others.
- Access to $160,000 worth of perks & platforms to support fundraising efforts (e.g. Pitchbook), grant solicitations, news publications, and product development tools (e.g. SolidWorks, Autodesk).
- Present at annual Power Day pitch and showcase event in front of 200+ attendees and 100+ angel, venture capital, corporate strategic, and family office investors in addition to corporate, public utilities, and various government agencies.
- Opportunities to meet relevant investors and partners through events like monthly LACInvestor Talks.
- 25% to 50% discounts on desk space or private office memberships at the La Kretz Innovation Campus and Advanced Prototyping Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Up to $5,000 per year in free business support services from LACI’s vetted suite of startup-friendly service providers, including legal, accounting, grant writing, and creative content.
Meet LACI’s Executives-In-Residence
Our Executives-In-Residence (EIRs) are mentors and accountability coaches for business founders in LACI Programs. EIRs lead collaborative meetings and work with startup founders to co-create roadmaps and milestones for success.
- Have a cleantech solution that addresses Clean Energy, Zero Emissions Transportation, or Smart & Sustainable Cities: Circular Economy.
- Own or license a novel proprietary technology.
- Have a significant presence, operations, or sales plans in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Ventura, or Orange Counties.
- Established some proof of concept or TRL 3 with critical function.
- Must be based in the United States.
- Have a cleantech solution that addresses Clean Energy, Zero Emissions Transportation, or Circular Economy with a focus on Smart & Sustainable Cities.
- Have a significant operations or sales presence in Southern California with founder or key executive able to attend meetings, workshops, and events on campus periodically at least four times in the first six months.
- Commit to all curriculum and mentorship opportunities during the first six months, approximately three to five hour weekly commitment.
- Preferably have two full-time employees and a strategy to grow the team in Southern California.
- Own or hold license to a novel proprietary technology.
- Have a working prototype (TRL 4+).
- Need funding assistance for pilot execution, beyond sole purchase of technology or product.
- Agree to a 1.5-3% equity stake in the form of a warrant with the opportunity to earn back through achieving impact milestones.
- Must be based in the United States.
Evaluations Are Based On
- Technology type, innovation, and credibility.
- Investability of a startup based on their market, business model, technology, and competitive advantage.
- Environmental and community impact of the solution.
- Potential for the startup to grow their team, operations, and sales in Los Angeles.
- Founder and team coachability, experience, and commitment.
- Startup commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Overall fit of startup and team within the LACI community.
LACI Founders In The News
LACI programs are committed to building an inclusivity-focused community to take action on climate change. Have a look at the success of startups in our programs.
Is Your Startup Technology Ready to Pilot?
Perhaps LACI’s Market Access program is a better fit! Designed to help companies de-risk tech through pilot deployment, proof points, market traction, and enable companies to scale operations, enter new markets, and create environmental, social and economic impact in Los Angeles – the Market Access Program is an 18 month pilot- and investor-focused program supported by a full menu of advanced incubation services aimed at cleantech startups that are ready for commercial growth through large scale pilots.
“Working with LACI helped us double revenues year over year; raise substantial capital from both early stage investors and leading strategic partners; and forge relationships with strategic utility partners including Con Edison, SDG&E, and Edison (SCE).
Co-Founder & CEO
“LACI has been a great partner and advocate of ChargerHelp! since our formation in January of 2020. As an FBA alumnus and current Portfolio company ChargerHelp! has been given access to multiple connections and resources that have led to our quick growth in 10 months
Founder & CEO
“Securing investor funding for female-led companies, especially in cleantech, is difficult, but LACI assisted Repurpose in successfully pitching the Pasadena Angels to invest over $1 million in Repurpose early on.”
Co-Founder & CEO
LACI has been recognized as a top 10 business incubator worldwide by UBI .
Don’t miss this opportunity! If you’re unsure about your eligibility or have questions about when our next recruitment period will take place, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Pipeline Team at email@example.com.
If our Innovators and Incubation programs are not a fit for your startup, please visit our Programs page to learn more about other LACI opportunities to accelerate your clean technology business and make an impact!