LACI’s Green Jobs Workforce Programs provide technical training, industry-recognized certifications, career coaching, case management, and job retention services to help underrepresented groups succeed in the green economy. Select participants are matched with LACI startups and partners for internships and potential job opportunities. View FAQs here.
NOW RECRUITING FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE!
During this FREE six-week training, 30 participants will gain the project management skills and certifications necessary to successfully facilitate Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) infrastructure projects. Participants will receive support and professional instruction from LACI startups and industry leaders to gain proficiency in EVSE deployment milestones and they will culminate their learning with a capstone research project.
Project Management is a highly sought after skill and profession in the cleantech industry, and deploying electric infrastructure projects will be critical to the success of EV adoption and goods movement. Program graduates will be connected to paid internship and job opportunities!
- Paid Stipend during Technical Training and Internship
- Use of Laptop or Wifi Hotspot
- Meals during Technical Training
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Access to Cleantech Startup Internships & Job Opportunities
- 18+ Years of Age
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- LA County Resident
- Low to Moderate Income
- Currently Under or Unemployed
Live Stream Virtual Info Session
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 11A – 11:30A
Join this live, virtual information session and meet the LACI Team, get an overview of the fellowship course curriculum and class schedule, and hear about potential career pathways after graduation
Live In Person Info Session
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 3P – 4:30P
Students have gained technical skills in Product Development, Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Maintenance, Software Development & IT Support; and Electric Vehicle Maintenance including fundamentals in safety, network operating systems, high voltage battery construction and maintenance, de-powering procedures, and basic service, while their interpersonal skills are enhanced by problem-solving, teamwork, communication, listening, and creative development. For more information, please visit the Meet our Cohort Fellows section below.
Keep up to date with LACI’s Upcoming Green Jobs Fellowships and Green Jobs Training Courses.
2024 CURRICULUM COMING SOON!
- Green Collar & Technical Training
- 6-8 Week Technical Training
- 3 Month Paid Work Based Learning Internship
- 1:1 Mentorship with Practitioner In Residence and Fellows
- Group Career Coaching + Unlimited Office Hour Sessions
- Entry- and Mid-Level Career Placement
- 12 Months Job Retention Follow-up Service and Support
- This course is open to LA County residents, 18 years and older, with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Green Collar & Administrative Training
- 2-4 Week Technical Bootcamp
- 1 Month Paid Work Based Learning Internship
- Office Hours with Practitioner-In-Residence
- Group Career Coaching + 3 Office Hour Sessions
- Mid- to High-Level Career Placement
- 3 Months of Job Retention Follow-up Service and Support
What Our Fellows Say
Meet our Cohort Fellows
Learn about LACI Green Jobs Fellows and how their career paths were impacted by the skills, training, mentorship and opportunities gained through our programs.
Workforce Development programs are supported by the California Workforce Development Board, California Air Resources Board Sustainable Transportation Equity Project (CARB STEP), Clean Power Alliance, and Saban Foundation, and are brought to you by the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI).
Join our mailing list to learn about our upcoming Workforce Program opportunities.