the California Energy Commission
Join the cleantech innovation ecosystem in Southern California- LACI Innovators is the premiere network access program for early-stage startups working together to create an inclusive green economy.
Since 2018, the Innovators program has helped Cohorts 1, 2 and 3:
The Innovators program is a 12-month light-touch network access program for early -stage startups in the clean energy and zero emissions mobility industries. Designed for startups in Southern California, this free program helps startups access opportunities across the state.
Details of the 12-Month Program
- Cohort 4 begins on September 1, 2019
- Applications close July 12, 2019—Apply now!
- There’s no cost to apply or participate
- Applicants must fill out quarterly metrics report for the California Energy Commission
- Program services are light touch- with network access- we like to say we act as a “concierge” rather than a coach
- Earlier stage companies are eligible- defined as those typically pre-seed and pre-revenue, with at least a proof of concept
- Curated monthly communications about industry opportunities
- Bi-monthly meetings with LACI team
- Monthly workshops, pitch clinics and customer access opportunities
- Opportunities to engage with LACI corporate partners
- Featured at annual Energy Innovation Symposium conference
- Visibility within the California Energy Commission network
- Discounted access to LACI hot desk and Advanced Prototyping Center
Who Should Apply
- Companies with solutions around clean energy and energy-transportation nexus
- Founders from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented communities
- Companies headquartered in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura or Santa Barbara counties
- Startups with a product: beyond just an idea
- Teams with an interest in actively participating in LACI’s innovation ecosystem