The Accounting Associate will be responsible for the processing and maintenance of LACI’s accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and will assist with payroll processing, in accordance with requirements applicable to 501(c)(3) organizations. This role will assist the accounting manager with billing support as well as month end closing and reconciliations, report creation and ad hoc research and analysis. This is a part-time position.
- Full cycle accounts payable including vendor setup, posting invoices, processing payments, packaging and distributing checks and responding to vendor inquiries and seeking appropriate approvals and documents.
- Gather vendor and subcontractor invoices and other documentation in preparation for grant/contract billings
- Full cycle accounts receivable including customer setup, creating invoices, posting payments, responding to customer inquiries and following up on past due accounts
- Assist with payroll by monitoring employee timekeeping, following up with employees with incomplete timekeeping and validating inputs.
- Moderate data entry to digitize manual timesheets
- Maintain department digital and physical filing systems
- Assist in creating and documenting department policies and procedures
- Assist with account reconciliations
- Assist with financial audit preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field and 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience using QuickBooks Online or similar accounting software
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Flexible, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision and within a team
- Ability to maintain discretion when handling sensitive financial information
- Not for profit accounting experience strongly preferred
The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) is a private non-profit organization helping to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies by offering flexible office space, CEO coaching, mentoring, and access to a robust network of partnerships and capital. LACI was founded in 2011 as a cluster-driven economic development initiative supported by the City of Los Angeles,The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) and the Community Redevelopment Agency of Los Angeles. Recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world by UBI, LACI identifies local entrepreneurs across multiple cleantech business sectors and guides them to market, creating jobs that advance L.A.’s green economy. In just five years, LACI has helped 67 companies raise $134M in funding, created 1,500 jobs, and delivered more than $335M in long term economic value for the City of Los Angeles. LACI operates out of the La Kretz Innovation Campus, with satellite offices at California State University, Northridge and Silicon Valley, is the organizer of an annual Cleantech Global Showcase and founder of the Network for Global Innovation (NGIN).
To be considered, please apply online here.