Local Roots Farms is looking for a Social Media Marketing Intern to join us for a short-term assignment.
Local Roots Farms is forging the food system of the future! We’re boldly developing technologies to feed the planet healthy and delicious food in an environmentally responsible way. Every day we innovate agriculture in ways that others think impossible. Our farms use 90% less water than conventional farms, require no pesticides or herbicides, and can offer the freshest and highest quality local produce anywhere in the world during all seasons. Our goals are absurdly audacious, and we have the opportunity to positively impact the future of humanity. To do that, we need the most talented people on the planet.
Learn more at localrootsfarms.com
What We Need
Local Roots Farms is looking for a Social Media Marketing Intern dedicated to researching and engaging in opportunities to expand our online presence. The position is expected to be 5-10 hours per week beginning immediately and is unpaid.
- Develop and manage engaging content for all social media outputs such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Execute and monitor branding initiatives, campaigns and real-time conversations within the social space
- Engage with chefs, bloggers, and community leaders in food and agriculture
- Post blogs and distribute content to all relevant media platforms
- Measure the impact of social media programs. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns
- Passion for good food, urban farming, and sustainable produce!
- Love of all things social media – super current on trends, out-of-the-box thinker, excellent writer
- Experience creating and posting creative content to all social media channels
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Team player who is flexible and willing to step into additional roles/duties as needed
- Self-starter with the motivation to work independently and remain focused
- Ability to collect, analyze and report critical campaign performance data
- An opportunity to positively impact critical food issues in Los Angeles and across the world
- Work alongside a brilliant team of designers, passionate foodies, and technology junkies
- Exposure to the best and brightest entrepreneurs making a difference in the world
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter with the subject line “Social Media Marketing Intern” to careers[at]localrootsfarms.com