LACI is looking for a full-time Human Resources Manager
Who We Are
The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) is a private non-profit organization helping to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies by offering flexible office space, CEO coaching, mentoring, and access to a robust network of partnerships and capital. LACI was founded in 2011 as a cluster-driven economic development initiative supported by the City of Los Angeles, LADWP and the Community Redevelopment Agency of Los Angeles. Recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world, LACI identifies local entrepreneurs across multiple cleantech business sectors and guides them to market, creating jobs that advance LA’s green economy. In just five years, LACI has helped 60 companies raise $80M in funding, created 1,150 jobs, and delivered more than $230M in long term economic value for the City of Los Angeles. LACI operates out of the La Kretz Innovation Campus with satellite offices in Northridge, CA and Silicon Valley and is the organizer of GloSho and founder of the Network for Global Innovation (NGIN).
What We Need
The Human Resources Manager will own the entire employee experience providing the best workplace for our team, including benefits administration, recruiting top talent, managing employee relations and ensuring the company always remains in compliance. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Operations.
- Manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle including overseeing recruiting, onboarding, talent management and end of employment.
- Ensure effective orientation programs that emphasizes the critical importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees into the corporate culture, goals and values.
- Establish and maintain employment policies and practices which comply with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Oversee company benefits and act as an internal resource for all employee compensation and benefits related needs.
- Manage all aspects of internship program including, recruitment and overall intern supervision.
- Work closely with management to oversee and enhance company mentoring program, leadership and organizational development and career pathing strategies.
- Assist VP of Operations with employee related functions such as offsite retreats, holiday events and OD, LD, legally required training courses and volunteer opportunities.
- Proactively asses and improve upon company communication channels from a company-wide level through to manager/employee and peer-to-peer relations.
- Understand business objectives and establish programs, strategies and processes across rewards and compensation, staffing, performance management, employee engagement, talent management and employee relations.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Train and support management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, benefits, and programs
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality relating to all HR matters.
- Stay current on HR initiatives, analyze trends and implement recommended changes and programs to improve those metrics and outcomes.
- 5+ years of HR and Recruiting experience
- Experience in nonprofit and startup environment strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal and California employment law and immigration practices
- Experience with HRIS/ATS systems, and ability to be the administrator for those systems
- Experience with recruiting tools including LinkedIn Recruiter
- Hands on experience with full lifecycle recruiting (screening, interviewing, closing)
- Self-starter, people oriented, knows there’s always a way to get it done
- Loves the planet
- Full benefit package offered by the organization
- Beautiful, fun, office environment in the hub of cleantech and start-up incubation
- Spend your days with the best and brightest entrepreneurs making a difference in the world
To be considered, please apply online here.