Who We Are
The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) is a private non-profit organization helping to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies by offering flexible office space, CEO coaching, mentoring, and access to a robust network of partnerships and capital. LACI was founded in 2011 as a cluster-driven economic development initiative supported by the City of Los Angeles, LADWP and the Community Redevelopment Agency of Los Angeles. Recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world, LACI identifies local entrepreneurs across multiple cleantech business sectors and guides them to market, creating jobs that advance LA’s green economy. In just five years, LACI has helped 60 companies raise $80M in funding, created 1,150 jobs, and delivered more than $230M in long term economic value for the City of Los Angeles. LACI operates out of the La Kretz Innovation Campus with satellite offices in Northridge, CA and Silicon Valley and is the organizer of GloSho and founder of the Network for Global Innovation (NGIN).
What We Need
The Grant Writer will maintain and expand LACI’s grant portfolio. The Grant Writer will research public and private grant funding opportunities, prepare effective letters of inquiry and grant applications, oversee funder reporting requirements, and manage grants-related records and files. This position requires a detail-oriented, self-starter comfortable researching, applying to and administering grants from foundations, local / state / federal government agencies, corporations, etc.
- Conduct research to identify appropriate funding opportunities.
- Take the lead in proposal development, including drafting, revising and editing, and assembling supporting documentation.
- Organize the application process for complex proposals involving program staff and outside stakeholders.
- Write and submit reports to funders as required.
- Maintain LACI’s grants calendar to ensure all proposal and reporting deadlines are met.
- Manage grant files, both electronic and paper.
- Establish and maintain a grant funder database.
- Work with program staff to capture and communicate data about LACI’s work and strengthen our ability to tell LACI’s story.
- Excellent writer with a Bachelor’s degree
- Preference for familiarity with economic development and technical grant writing
- Experience successfully researching, writing, and managing grants in a non-profit context a must
- Understanding nonprofit finances and budgets
- Ability to organize processes and engage with colleagues in collaborative work
- Proficiency with common office computer programs, including constituent management software
- A proactive, pro-environment, pro-solutions professional that is dedicated to making the world a cleaner, safer, better place to live in through the effective implementation of new sustainable technologies
- Full benefit package offered by the organization
- Beautiful, fun, office environment in the hub of cleantech and start-up incubation
- Spend your days with the best and brightest entrepreneurs making a difference in the world
- To be considered, please apply online here.